VIStology, Inc. has an immediate opening for Software Developer to join a high-powered team focused on the research and development of intelligent applications using semantic technologies for numerous application domains, including both military and commercial systems like Command and Control, wireless communications, networking, cognitive radios and other.
- Develop software specifications and software designs.
- Implement functioning software prototypes and systems.
- Test the developed software.
- Write documentation and technical reports.
- Work with other company technical team members as an integrated team supporting a defined solution.
Qualified candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- M.S. or B.S. degree in computer science or a closely related field.
- Three or more years of research and development experience in industry.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Familiarity with development of web applications, developing and leveraging RESTful web services, XML and JSON processing in Java, configuration management, testing and deployment.
- Ability to carry out assignments given in the form of objectives and establish goals and plans to meet objectives.
- U.S. citizenship or green card. (Please clearly indicate citizenship status in responding to offer.)
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills.
Additional desirable skills include:
- Working knowledge of Semantic Web languages (e.g. RDF/OWL/SWRL).
- Experience with knowledge-based systems (e.g. CLIPS, Jess, Drools, BaseVISor, Prolog).
- Experience with Big Data technologies.
- Experience with Angular JS or other front-end web frameworks.
- Experience with Java EE.
VIStology strives to remain competitive and will work to compile a salary and benefits package commensurate with each employee’s experience, skill-level and individual needs. Employees enjoy a flexible work environment.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and CV or resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are constantly looking for engineers who are knowledgeable in the semantic technologies, ontologies, formal languages, wireless communications and other domains as needed.
If you review our Projects page and believe you have the skills that match our work, please email your resume to email@example.com.